Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Style Inspiration Series

Okay...

Been away for a long time. I'm out on the road, and figured this would be a great way to pass idle time in the hotel room(s) for the next little while...

I love fashion. Not in the detailed, educated critical way that someone who studied at Parsons or who attends any city's fashion week does, but in a very dedicated and curious way. I enjoy a well put together outfit on a lady and can tell when someone is a hot mess. And, I enjoy staying on-top of what's going on for each season, and how the basics can be applied from season to season.

All this being said, while I do take cues from people in the fashion industry and certain celebrities, I am not about just lifting entire looks from people or trends, but taking inspiration from the fashion world and applying these cues to myself without looking out of sorts.

So...over the next couple of weeks, I'll be posting about these people, movements, brands etc.

Enjoy (or don't)

1. Ocean's 11 (The Rat Pack & Clooney's boys)



Gambling & Grifting in Vegas. Grown men dressing like grown men. No lazy t-shirts, or cargo shorts. No sport wrap sunglasses or New-Era fullbacks. (Although, there is nothing wrong with New-Eras, seeing as I have about 10 different ones in full rotation, however, no DC caps.)

These movies make me want to wear a suit every day. Or at least a tailored sport coat and shirt. The reason why these two crews took Vegas by storm was their confidence. (pun intended) In a suit, you can get away with anything.

Now, I only own one suit, but whenever I wear it, I feel like I've got a Black card in my wallet and my Maseratti is parked out back.
If I could afford to and I had a job that called for it, I'd rock a suit everyday. Probably some suits like this YSL one or this Valentino joint.

Awww yea! And I guess I'd need a top coat for winter, shoes, sunglasses & accessories.

That was a huge digression...but, I think you get the idea.

werd







No comments:

Post a Comment