Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Selected Canadian Contemporary Dance History Series

Wow...well, first off, I wish I could find a catchier title for this series...oh well.

Okay, so this series will consist mainly of links and some third party anecdotes I have heard over the years.
Maybe a bit of an explanation for this is necessary. I'm a dancer. Well, technically, I'm no longer a dancer but I'm involved in the Canadian Dance Community. I graduated from university with a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in Contemporary Dance, from a program that centred around choreography. After that I went on to study lighting design and since finishing school have worked mainly on the production side of dance, although I have dabbled in performance and choreography as a budding artist.

So, that being said ( and shamelessly plugged ) I wanted to perhaps shed some light on some Canadian Dance Artists you may or may not know of. Whether they are a part of the past, the present or emerging as the future, in this series I'll feature a selection. It may not be definitive or entirely accurate, but hey, this is a blog, not a weekly column or radio show.

I just wanna write about it.

Stay tuned.

When I see you...

No comments:

Post a Comment